Saturday 1 August 2009

Le Charme Discret de la Bourgeoisie


And so begins my second blogging attempt, the first of which I no longer have any interest in maintaining. Let me start by giving a little info behind the title, Le Charme Discret. You might have guessed its influence from the title of a 1972 French film directed by Luis Buñuel called Le Charme Discret de la Bourgeoisie. The English translation is The Discreet Charm of the Middle Class, but obviously I've merely kept the 'Discreet Charm' part. Suffice to say, that's about as far as the inspiration goes as I haven't actually seen the film, I merely admire it as a pretentious French title, much like Belle & Sebastian's stolen name from Madame Cécile Aubry's novel and television series.

If you're 'craving' to know why I've set up a blog (again), then I ought to fill you in on its purpose. This isn't going to be as personal and self-referential as the previous one, but is more likely to be a tad more 'article-based' in terms of my reviews and opinions on the works of others as well as my own. Don't expect any "Oh I got absolutely smashed last night!" garbage, because I know that nobody really cares about that nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment